Reach out to our team today to learn more about our glass block window installation services in St. Louis. We are happy to review your specific options with you and provide a free estimate upon request.
Glass block windows are a beautiful addition to any home. By combining the beauty of glass with the strength of masonry, glass blocks are the most secure window option on the market. Due to their thick, semi-transparent construction, glass blocks obscure visibility, making them a good option for spaces in your home where you’d like more privacy. Glass block windows are also an excellent choice for more vulnerable spaces in your home, including the basement, garage, and bathrooms.
With more than 30 years of industry experience, the window installation and replacement experts at Building Envelope Experts can assist you in replacing your existing glass block windows or upgrading your home with new glass block window installation in St. Louis and the surrounding areas. We utilize a holistic approach that accounts for a variety of home comfort and efficiency concerns. We know that there is no one-size-fits-all solution, which is why we help our customers find truly custom options to suit their tastes and budgets.
Learn more today by calling (314) 310-7878 or by contacting us online. We offer free estimates on all window installations and replacement services.
Glass block windows can be installed anywhere in your home for a beautiful, secure finish. Some areas of the home may benefit more from these types of windows.
These areas include:
- Basements: The basement is the easiest access point into the home and should, therefore, be equipped with windows strong enough to deter intruders. Due to both their density and sturdy construction, glass block windows are near impossible to break through. The thickness of the glass also offers obstructed visibility, ensuring that no potential intruder can see any valuables housed in your basement.
- Garages: Similar to the basement, the garage is an easy-access point for intruders. The garage also typically houses valuable possessions and pieces of equipment, such as cars, lawn mowers, power tools, and more. Protect your garage and the items it encloses with glass block windows from Building Envelope Experts.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms require the most privacy of any room in your home. As a result, windows in bathrooms are typically small or avoided altogether, leading to a lack of natural light. Glass block windows are an excellent choice for bathrooms, as they provide both natural light and privacy. Elevate your bathroom with beautiful glass block windows from Building Envelope Experts.
Glass block windows offer several advantages over other window options. At Building Envelope Experts, we can help you determine whether glass block windows are the right solution for your specific needs.
Some of the main benefits of glass block windows include:
- Better Security: Unlike standard residential windows, glass blocks are nearly impossible to break through due to their density and sturdy construction. For this reason, they are ideal for use in basements and other easy-access points throughout the home.
- Enhanced Privacy: The thick, semi-transparent fabrication of glass block windows provides increased privacy due to the inability to make out objects or scenes on either side of the glass.
- Improved Energy-Efficiency: Glass block windows can be utilized for air intake and venting for high-efficiency furnaces and air conditioning systems. By fabricating custom vented openings in glass block windows, we can vent your HVAC system directly through your new glass blocks, adding to the overall efficiency of your home comfort system.
Our licensed technicians have extensive experience installing and replacing glass block windows in homes throughout St. Louis and beyond. We are also Building Performance certified, meaning we are specially trained on providing whole-home solutions designed to improve the overall performance of various residential comfort systems.
What Our Glass Block Installation Services Include
Our experts are highly trained in glass block window installation. We stand behind the quality of our products and services, always striving for complete customer satisfaction.
Our glass block installation services include:
- Mortar Installation: Building Envelope Experts prefabricates glass blocks in-house. Once measurements have been taken, our team of glass technicians will assemble the glass blocks in our workshop and arrive on scene to mortar them into the window opening. We utilize only the highest quality mixtures of sand and white cement to ensure your new glass block window will have a snug and secure fit.
- Vinyl-Wrapped Glass Blocks: At Building Envelope Experts, we offer vinyl-wrapped glass block windows. Designed to fit into framed openings, vinyl-wrapped glass block windows are most often utilized for aesthetic design purposes. Vinyl-wrapped glass blocks are measured and then installed into a nail-up vinyl frame, which is prefabricated in our workshop. This makes for a quick and easy installation on site.
- Mulia Glass Block: Building Envelope Experts is an authorized St. Louis dealer of Mulia Glass Block tiles. All Mulia glass blocks have a fire-resistance rating of 45 minutes for optimal safety. All Mulia products also come with a five-year limited warranty, protecting both contractors and homeowners from manufacturing defects for a period of five years from the date of purchase.
“The product they deliver is top-notch and the installation is precise. Wonderful people to work with. We’ve had them at our home twice already and plan to use them exclusively for all of our remaining window replacements.”Matthew F.
“Building Envelope Experts did an outstanding job with insulation in our attic and window replacement for our entire house. The crew was courteous and knowledgeable. They kept a clean work area and got the job done on time.”Steve J.
“Replaced 2 windows with one awning window. Looks amazing inside and out. They were in and out including cleanup in a flash. Highly recommend.”Daniel Z.
“Excellent quality. Expert installers. Competitive prices.”Mark H.
“Not only have our heating needs gone down significantly, but our house is so much quieter now. My kids woke up during every thunderstorm for years and now sleep through them all!”Meg C.
At Building Envelope Experts, we offer comprehensive glass block window installation and replacement for homeowners located in and around St. Louis.
While there may be some variation in the process on an individual basis, glass block installation typically entails the following:
- Complimentary Consultation: The first step in our glass block window installation process is to come to your home for a free consultation. During this consultation we will discuss the reasons you've decided to install glass block windows, examine the existing window frames, take basic measurements, and provide an estimate for the project.
- Assembly: If you decide to move forward with the project, we will then begin assembling your glass block windows. This is done in our glass shop off-site. At this point we will also work with you to schedule an installation date.
- Installation: Once your glass block windows have been assembled, it is time for installation. We will arrive at your home on the date of installation with your new glass blocks. Our team of glass technicians will mortar the glass block windows into their frames, ensuring the highest quality installation so that you can rely on your glass block windows to last.
We want to make sure that you are completely happy with our services and the products we provide. All of our window installers are highly trained, licensed, and certified to provide top-quality glass block window installation and replacement.
Glass Block Window FAQ
Are glass blocks cheaper than windows?
While a variety of factors affect the overall cost of glass block installation, this is generally a more affordable option than standard thermal-replacement windows. Over time, glass block windows can also offer additional cost savings in the form of reduced energy bills, thanks to improved energy-efficiency throughout your home. However, note that the amount of glass blocks being installed, the frame material, and various other installation-related costs can affect how much your glass block window installation will cost. We recommend that you reach out to our team at Building Envelope Experts to request a free, onsite estimate.
Are glass blocks better than windows?
This depends on your definition of “better.” Glass blocks offer several advantages compared to traditional windows, including increased durability, insulation, privacy, and security. However, because they are semi-transparent, you cannot see through glass blocks like a regular window. For this reason, some people may opt for traditional thermal-replacement windows or only install glass block windows in certain areas of the home, such as the bathroom, garage, or basement.
Are glass blocks out of style?
Like all home design trends, glass block windows come and go in terms of style. That being said, demand for glass block windows has surged lately, thanks in large part to their unmatched durability. Modern glass block windows are made from the highest quality materials and can be customized to suit your specific design tastes. At Building Envelope Experts, we believe glass blocks to be a timelessly beautiful addition to any home, all while improving energy-efficiency, reducing your energy costs, and enhancing your family’s safety.
Are glass block windows energy-efficient?
Because they are so thick, glass blocks offer incredible insulation. At Building Envelope Experts, we are committed to top-quality glass block window installation to ensure optimal energy-efficiency. This includes properly placing the mortar to prevent drying, cracking, or chipping, which can lead to leaks.
We understand that your home is unique, which is why we offer fully customizable home comfort solutions and a holistic approach. Unlike most other contractors, who simply focus on the one product or service they provide, we account for a variety of issues within your home—from energy-efficiency to performance, affordability, safety, and more. We examine the connectivity of your home’s important energy systems to provide the highest level of efficiency and cost savings possible.
We take great pride in our workmanship, craft, and customer service. For more than 30 years, our technicians have helped homeowners throughout the region with all types of home comfort and energy-efficiency needs; learn how we can help you today!