Many people procrastinate when it comes to replacing patio doors, as it can seem like just another hassle and expense. However, damaged sliding glass doors aren’t just an inconvenience; they can be a legitimate safety concern.
Patio Doors in St. Louis
Quality Sliding Glass Door Installation & Replacement
Sliding glass patio doors are both beautiful and convenient. They elevate any living space with bright natural light and easy access to and from your patio. However, nothing is more frustrating than a broken, outdated, or unstylish sliding glass door.
At Building Envelope Experts, we understand the unique process of sliding glass door installation. Our experienced St. Louis patio door installation technicians provide quality installation and replacement services that will keep your door running smoothly for years to come. We are committed to complete customer satisfaction and want to make sure you are always happy with the quality of our work.
For patio door installation you can trust, call Building Envelope Experts at (314) 310-7878 or contact us online to request a free estimate.
Patio Door FAQs
What should I look for when buying a patio door?
There are many things to consider when it comes to finding the right patio doors for your home. You’ll want to look into different materials and how they can affect insulation, energy-efficiency, and even the security of your home. You’ll also want to consider your budgetary needs. Building Envelope Experts offers several cost-effective patio door options that don’t skimp when it comes to quality. Lastly, it’s important to account for the overall design of your home. With a wide range of options to choose from, we can help you find a patio door that suits your unique design aesthetic.
What type of patio door is most energy-efficient?
While most modern patio doors are vastly more energy-efficient than their older, outdated predecessors, double-paned glass doors are your best bet when it comes to maximizing the efficiency of your home’s comfort systems. Building Envelope Experts offers several double-paned sliding glass door options from industry leader, ProVia, and we are highly trained and experienced in the installation and replacement of these and all types of patio doors.
What is the difference between sliding glass doors and French doors?
Sliding glass doors are installed on tracks, allowing them to slide open and shut from side to side. French doors, on the other hand, have hinges, meaning they open outward onto your patio or into your backyard space. Both sliding glass doors and French doors contain large glass panes, allowing for tons of natural light and a beautiful finish, and both can significantly improve ventilation throughout your home. That being said, sliding glass doors are generally considered to be safer than French doors and are easier to insulate, meaning you may enjoy increased energy-efficiency with traditional sliding glass patio doors.
Which is Cheaper: Sliders or French Doors?
In general, french doors are cheaper than sliding doors. That being said every project is different depending on size, custom build, and brand so be sure to contact your local patio door installation company for more information. Shall you be local to us, we can assist with sliding glass and French doors installations in St. Louis.
Why Replace Your Sliding Glass Patio Door?
Your sliding glass patio door seems to be working fine, so why replace it? In fact, even if your patio door is functioning relatively fine, there may be many benefits to upgrading your home with a newer, more advanced sliding glass door.
Some of the many reasons to replace old, outdated sliding glass doors include:
- Improved Energy-Efficiency: Contemporary sliding glass patio doors possess a number of features to drastically improve their energy-efficiency, including double-paned glass with gas inserted for maximum thermal conductivity, low emissivity coatings, and materials manufactured with the highest insulation ratings on the market: vinyl and fiberglass.
- Low Maintenance: Modern sliding glass patio doors feature up-to-date technology that reduces the amount of upkeep required. Worn-out rollers, deteriorated weatherstripping, and damaged or misaligned door panels can cause sliding glass doors to prematurely age. The newer materials used in modern sliding doors prevent this—and increase their durability and longevity.
- Better Safety: New sliding glass patio doors offer a number of features to improve the safety and security of your home. Contemporary sliding glass doors are manufactured specifically with security in mind and include thicker paned glass, state-of-the-art locking mechanisms, and other features to bring you peace of mind—without having to sacrifice on style.
Our team at Building Envelope Experts can help you find the perfect replacement option for your existing patio doors. We are proud to be ProVia dealers, offering some of the highest quality, most dependable door options on the market. Get in touch with our team today to learn more about the benefits of replacing your existing sliding glass doors and how we can assist you with all your patio door installation needs in St. Louis and beyond!
“The product they deliver is top-notch and the installation is precise. Wonderful people to work with. We’ve had them at our home twice already and plan to use them exclusively for all of our remaining window replacements.”Matthew F.
“Building Envelope Experts did an outstanding job with insulation in our attic and window replacement for our entire house. The crew was courteous and knowledgeable. They kept a clean work area and got the job done on time.”Steve J.
“Replaced 2 windows with one awning window. Looks amazing inside and out. They were in and out including cleanup in a flash. Highly recommend.”Daniel Z.
“Excellent quality. Expert installers. Competitive prices.”Mark H.
“Not only have our heating needs gone down significantly, but our house is so much quieter now. My kids woke up during every thunderstorm for years and now sleep through them all!”Meg C.
Schedule a Complimentary Estimate with Our Team
We offer free, onsite estimates for new patio door installation in St. Louis and the neighboring areas. If you would like to schedule your no-cost estimate with our team, simply reach out to Building Envelope Experts today to make an appointment. We are happy to answer any questions you may have!
Call (314) 310-7878 or contact us online today.
When to Replace Patio Doors
If your patio doors are obviously damaged—for example, if they won’t slide open easily or if they can’t lock—it’s time for an upgrade. However, it could be time to replace your existing patio doors even without the presence of obvious damage, wear, or tear. So, how can you tell when it’s time to replace your sliding glass patio doors?
Some signs that you may need to replace your patio doors include:
- You frequently see condensation, moisture buildup, or fogging between the glass panes
- There is a gap between the patio doors and the frame
- It is difficult to open or shut your sliding glass patio doors/they frequently “stick”
- The tracks are misaligned, leading to the doors getting stuck or falling off the track
- You notice a draft coming from the doors (a sign of poor insulation)
- Your energy bills have increased, or you have noticed your heating/cooling system is less effective
- The rollers and/or frame are damaged
- Water pools up or leaks into your home during inclement weather due to damaged weather stripping
At Building Envelope Experts, we offer a wide range of state-of-the-art, contemporary sliding glass doors to meet your safety, style, and budgetary needs. We also offer payment plans and financing through Wells Fargo. Our goal is to help you improve the comfort and security of your home without having to break the bank. You can rely on our team to provide exceptional quality workmanship and reliable installation services to ensure your patio doors work properly for years.
Start Your Home Comfort Journey
Building Envelope Experts is Here to Help